Shopify is headed to the UK to talk about all things commerce.
Beginning in late September, a group of experts, gurus, and staff will stop in some of the UK’s biggest business centers for our next installment of the Shopify Retail Tour. Merchants and aspiring entrepreneurs alike can get tips to help with wherever they are in their selling journey. Whether it’s setting up your online store, optimizing your product shipping, learning the best ways to sell in person, or more advanced growth hacks, merchants will have plenty of high-impact advice to draw upon during the all-day workshops.
As a busy merchant, we know your time is valuable. Which is why each of our dates is chock-full of actionable advice. You can also set up a one-on-one appointments with our helpful customer support team at the Guru Bar, speak with local Shopify Experts at our Experts Bar, and sign up for a day full of workshops.
We’re also premiering the new Shopify card reader across the UK. Bridge the gap between your online and offline sales with Shopify POS, our free iPhone and iPad point of sale app, and the tap, chip, and swipe card reader. So no matter where you sell, you can keep your products and customers in sync.
💡 RECOMMENDED READING: How do credit card readers work? [Quickstart Guide]
Curious about the specific selling wisdom and tools you’ll encounter during the tour? Here’s a sneak peek:
Setting Up Your Online Store
- The Essential Launch List: We’ll outline the integral checklist you’ll need when establishing your ecommerce shop so nothing falls through the cracks.
- How to Pick the Perfect Theme: With dozens of options available, it’s easy to suffer from decision fatigue. Never fear — we’ll highlight how to choose the right theme for your business.
- The Tools of Retail Sales: Come watch demonstrations of Shopify POS, our comprehensive point-of-sale system, as well as the newly available tap, chip, and swipe card reader that makes transactions quick and hassle free. You’ll also the ins and outs of inventory management, discounts, and more.
- A Guide to Selling In Person at Fleas, Fairs, Festivals: Ready to make the leap into selling at your local flea or farmer’s market? Learn the tricks and tools you’ll need to succeed.
- Immersive Retail Experiences: If you’re ready to take your retail displays to the next level, learn how to leverage high-tech tools to create immersive experiences to delight and engage your customers.
- Building Your Brand: While establishing an entire brand from scratch can be scary, our experts will walk you through it. Learn how to build a distinct brand that keeps customers coming back for more.
- Advanced Growth Strategies: It isn’t enough to simply set up a store and hope customers find you — you’ll need to learn marketing and promotion skills to lure customers your way. Listen to tips on how to drive more traffic to your store to see your sales numbers spike.
During past retail tours, Shopify’s experts visited Portland, Los Angeles, New York, and a number of other destinations to ensure merchants had the chance to ask questions and learn valuable growth tactics in person.
Our commerce experts will be visiting the following cities:
- Bristol: Sept. 26-27, 2016
- Manchester: Oct. 5-7, 2016
- London: Oct. 11-13, 2016
Ready to learn more about how to grow your business with Shopify? Sign up to attend one of our upcoming Retail Tour dates today.