At some point in their journey, almost every merchant will need to use a landing page to promote their products, capture marketing leads, or launch a marketing campaign. Learn how to customize existing themes in Shopify to build landing page templates for your clients.
35 search results for “Liam Griffin”
For many online retailers, blog posts are unique opportunities to connect their brand with an audience. In this article, we’ll demonstrate practical ways to customize blog article pages, by designing an intuitive approach for displaying custom names for authors, and improving navigation with previous and next buttons.
Math filters unlock a range of options, allowing designers to display info on price reductions, transaction fees, taxes, and more. With careful use of multiplication, rounding, and other filters, you can add new functionality into a client's site and help boost conversion.
In this article, we’ll cover:
- Which math filters are available
- How to display percentage savings using math filters
- How to adjust dynamic variables with math filters
Shopify recently announced a new partnership with Monotype, which has made hundreds of beautiful new fonts available for free to Shopify merchants in the online store editor. A key component of this new feature is the
font_picker setting, which can be implemented into your clients’ custom themes.
In this article, you will learn:
- How to implement the font picker into the
- How to update your stylesheet with new Liquid font filters
- Why you should test themes to ensure fonts load correctly
Learn how to use Liquid to build internationalized or translatable themes, allowing clients to display different languages on their online stores.
Whether you’re building a theme from scratch or editing an existing one, you’ll need to consider how typography is implemented for your clients. Web fonts open up the range of fonts available, but come at a price for site performance. It’s important to understand how fonts load across different browsers, and how performance can be improved by using new techniques or careful adjustments to your themes.
In this article you will learn:
- What web fonts are and how they work.
- The differences between FOUT and FOIT.
- How to add web fonts to Slate.
- How fonts will be loaded on Shopify in the future.
In this article, you'll learn:
- How Liquid can be added to the Additional scripts box
- How to display content for particular products on the order status page
- Why you should run scripts only once on the order status page
With the addition of new attributes to image objects in Liquid, and by offering responsible image support, we've unlocked the ability for theme developers to have more control in how they load images. Theme developers can now create rules for how images appear on small screens, and provide more robust themes for clients.
In this article you will learn:
- Why having responsive images is important.
- How to use Shopify’s new attributes to implement responsive images.
- How lazy-loading helps Shopify themes optimize the user-experience.
Balancing creative design with functional UI is a challenge for developers looking to build memorable experiences for online stores. With careful use of asymmetrical positioning of text, overlapping images, and irregular shapes, developers can add originality to a client's site, without sacrificing usability.
In this article, we’ll look at:
- What is a grid, and why it should be broken
- Real-life examples of stores who are using broken grid layouts
- How to break a grid, without affecting usability
Developers who work with apparel brands can play an important role in their development, delivering carefully designed user-interfaces for clients. As a highly innovative industry, developers need to keep up to date with emerging trends, new technologies, and suitable app integrations when designing custom stores for fashion clients.
In this article we'll provide:
- A CSV file with demo apparel products, perfect for quickly setting up a store when pitching clients.
- Insights into emerging trends influencing the growth of the online fashion sphere.
- Recommended apps and themes for apparel stores.