Udyog Aadhar is a Unique Identification Number issued to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs). It is issued by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises. But now the Udyog Aadhar is revised into Udyam. New MSMEs need to register now under the Udyam Registration Portal and obtain Udyam Certificate.
All the existing enterprises registered under Udyog Aadhar should register again on the Udyam Registration portal. The enterprises registered under Udyog Aadhar before 30th June 2020 will continue to be valid till 31st March 2021. Thus, MSMEs who have a Udyog Aadhar Certificate need to re-register themselves under the Udyam Registration portal before 31st March 2021.
What is Udyog Aadhar?
Udyog Aadhar is a twelve-digit Unique Identification Number given to the MSMEs after their registration with the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
Now, Udyog Aadhar is replaced with Udaym by the Government of India. Any enterprise that comes under the definition of MSME can obtain Udaym Registration for their enterprise through the Udyam Registration portal.
What is the Udyog Aadhar Certificate?
Udyog Aadhar Certificate is issued to the MSMEs registered with the Ministry of MSME. The Udyog Aadhar Certificate contains the Udyog Aadhar Number of the enterprise.
Now, the enterprises having the Udyog Aadhar Certificate need to re-register and mitigate the Udyam Registration Portal and obtain the Udyam Registration Certificate. Udyam Registration Certificate contains the unique registration number of the enterprise and can receive the benefits provided to MSMEs by the Government of India.
What is the Udyog Aadhar Registration Fee?
Enterprises having Udyog Aadhar Registration need to re-register again for Udaym Registration. There is no fee for mitigating from Udyog Aadhar Registration to Udyam Registration.
The registration for MSMEs under Udaym Registration Portal is completely online. There is no fee charged for any registrations under this portal. It is free of cost.
Udyog Aadhar Registration Process
New MSMEs and those enterprises having Udyog Aadhar can obtain Udyam Registration on the official Government portal of udyamregistration.gov.in. There are two options under the Udyam Registration Portal for getting Udyam Registration Certificate. They are:
- New entrepreneurs who have not yet registered as MSME and
- For those having registration as UAM or EM-II and those having registration as EM-II or UAM through Assisted filing
The registration process is as follows:
- New MSMEs need to click on the button “For New Entrepreneurs who are not Registered yet as MSME” button on the homepage of the portal and fill the registration form online.
- Entrepreneurs can register their enterprises with or without PAN Number. They need to provide all the details regarding PAN card for verification, personal information, enterprise details, bank details and submit the form.
- Once the form is submitted, a successful registration message of the MSME along with a reference number will appear. After verification of registration, the Udyam Registration Certificate is issued to the MSMEs within a few days.
- MSME’s having Udyog Aadhar Registration need to click on the button “For those having registration as EM-II or UAM” or “For those having registration as EM-II or UAM through Assisted filing” shown on the homepage of the portal.
- They need to fill the registration details, and their registration under the revised Udyam Registration will be complete.
Shopify blog readers can use the coupon SHOPCT10 for a discount on all Cleartax services.